Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Screen Sharing - Join.Me


Wow...just used the https://join.me/ for the first time. I called a support person who directed me to go the the join.me page and just click Share and then Basic. 30 Seconds later I told her the 9 digit number that popped up and voila she could see my screen and talk me through the steps needed. So Simple, Easy and Free.

So...To share your screen, simply download a small app, and then send the 9-digit code generated to your potential collaborator. They either click a link in the email, or go to the join.me website and input the code, and they can see your screen.

It fills a different need than the typical scheduled web conferencing solution (ie. GoToMeeting, WebEx etc). It is for instant web conferencing...click...click...read off a 9 digit number...they can see your screen. Try it...you just might be as impressed as I was.

2 comments:

Evgeniy said...

There is one very easy solution to all this - FREE remote desktop software Ammyy Admin
http://www.ammyy.com/en/admin_overview.html

Works well, doesn't require installation or specific config, works behind gateways NAT as well as within one LAN.

Good alternative though!

Sam Wonder said...

ezTalks is one free video conferencing software that allows up to 100 participants to join the meeting.
tv video conferencing
skype won't let me join calls
best online training software